With yesterday’s 2000th post, I thought I would share some of the site’s stats with you, my dear reader.
- I have been collecting labels since 1993, putting them into scrapbooks along with commentary about how good they were. My very first chocolate label can be seen here.
- This site was started on January 28, 2012, over six years ago, to take those (now six) scrapbooks and digitize them, and then continue digitally from there.
- I hit 1,000 posts in January 2015 and posted about it here.
- As of yesterday (August 29, 2018), 2,000 posts have been made.
- Over 2,570 photos of chocolate and labels have been posted, for a total size of just over 1 GB.
- The site has over 68,330 views and over 1,062 comments.
- The site averages 37 views per day, but on October 25, 2012, there were 953 views, most going to this page of horrible chocolate.
- The most active day for comments was July 28, 2012, where five comments were made about this chocolate bar.
- Most entries (1,522, over 76%) are about dark chocolate.
- Despite my dislike for it, white chocolate has 54 entries (or 2.7% of the total).
- I have tried 19 different 100% cacao bars. All of them were good, but this one was the best.
- Most of the entries (950, or 47.6%) are about U.S. chocolate but Japan is #2 with 108 entries (or 5.4%).
- I posted about my favorite chocolate here.
I hope you enjoy the next 1,000 posts! There is a lot more chocolate out there to try!